Club Resilience Fund now open for applications
Mr. John Naylor, President of Motorsport Ireland today confirmed the establishment of a Resilience Fund for all Motorsport Ireland affiliated clubs. The fund will endeavour to provide support to its 34 affiliated clubs who have incurred financial losses during 2020.
This support has been made possible thanks to the recent award of €465k in funding from Sport Ireland’s COVID-19 Supplementary Grant Scheme.
• €110k was received by Motorsport Ireland as NGB support.
• €100k was received by Motorsport Ireland to enable a calendar by providing a fund to ensure the availability of insurance cover.
• €255k was received by Motorsport Ireland to provide a club resilience fund.
The purpose of the Club Resilience Fund is:
(1) To assist with affiliated club losses sustained by events being cancelled due to the pandemic restrictions at short notice.
(2) To aid the affiliated clubs with their annual fixed costs which occurred during the period March to December 2020.
Mr. Naylor said; “This fund will enable our clubs to be in a confident position to undertake organising events in what will be a challenging 2021”. He thanked Sport Ireland for the funding provided and for their ongoing assistance to Motorsport Ireland with the development of protocols which will enable the safe return of Motorsport while living with Covid.
Information has been sent to all Motorsport Ireland affiliated clubs advising them of the process and that their application must be submitted by 9th March 2021.