Applications now open for Motorsport Ireland Co-Driver Academy
The Motorsport Ireland Rally Academy will host an Elite Co-Driver Selection Process Day to recruit Co-Drivers with the hunger, passion & commitment to further their rallying career. A selection process will be held from 12.00hrs at the Hodson Bay Hotel, Athlone Sunday 9th January 2022.
The selected group of Co-Drivers will receive ongoing support and mentoring in all aspects of Co-Driving from some of Ireland’s most experienced and successful Co-Drivers to help them progress to the pinnacle of the sport.
Interested Co-drivers will have to apply to attend this selection process by completing an application form which is available on the MI website at the bottom of the competitor section under the Competitor Forms tab. The completed forms must be emailed to [email protected].
The application form must include a working link to some of the applicants’ recent in-car footage. Receipt of applications will be acknowledged by return email.
Closing date for applications is 22.00hrs Monday 3rd January 2022.
• Applicants must hold a valid MI competition licence.
• Applicants must be under 26 years of age on 01/01/22.
Selection process itinerary:
• Complete a questionnaire.
• Pacenote writing - Write notes for approx. an 8 - 10km stage.
• Media interview.
• Interview with selection panel.
The selected Co-Drivers will:
• Receive tuition from the Academy in all aspects of Co-Driving.
• Get to make pace notes with a current top level driver & sit in for a test at an MI Academy Development Day in a Rally4 & a Rally2 car.
• Be invited to the MI Rally Academy Development Days to avail of media and fitness guidance etc.
• Receive ongoing mentoring/support.
• Get first option of any opportunities that may come available via our network.
For further information contact:
Greg Shinnors, Sean McHugh (Billy Coleman Coordinator)
[email protected] [email protected]
087 2691975 087 2798119